Akin Sipal is a Gelsenkirchen based filmmaker, scenarist and playwrighter. He studied BA Film at the University of Fine Arts of Hamburg. His plays are published by Suhrkamp and staged at the Nationaltheater Mannheim and Theater Bremen. He received several awards and scholarships. Since 2014 MA studies at the University of Fine Arts of Hamburg.
- Nachruf (2022; documentary, director, screenplay, cinematographer / shown at Max Ophüls Preis)
- Gasmann (2019 feature film, screenplay, co-producer)
- Deprem Meprem (2013; experimental documentary, director, screenplay / shown at Dokfilmwoche Hamburg, Bundeskunsthalle Bonn)
- Krieg im Frieden (2015; animated shortfilm documentary, screenplay / shown at Internationales Kurzfilmfestival Hamburg, Dok Leipzig)
- The Bicycle (2015; feature film, screenplay, main actor / shown at Festival des Films du Monde a Montréal – Price of the jury, students secton, 49. Internationale Hofer Filmtage)
- Baba Evi (2016; short documentary/essay, director, screenplay / shown at Dokfilmwoche Hamburg)
publisher: Suhrkamp Verlag